Sell to Us – How it Works
Greatest Hits Music & Books offers a large selection of secondhand books and is constantly offering new inventory through book buying or trading. We pay cash for your books, music, movies, games and cool figurines from music, comic, or movie worlds. We normally offer you two prices -one if you would like cash and one if you would like to use the money in the store. If you decide to use the money in the store it will usually always be more.
How do we determine the value of your merchandise? Joe has had a store like this for 25 years. Primarily we focus on condition and the appeal of the items coupled with our supply at the time. Of course we pay more for current best sellers and in demand collectibles. But since we have over 40,000 pieces in stock, we buy all kinds of books, music & movies. We are much more than the paper back store down the street.
As a guide – we buy or issue trade credit for reading copies to first editions (most of the time) in: African American studies; Art and Art History; Children’s Books; Civil War; Contemporary Fiction; Eastern Religions; History; Philosophy; Poetry; Jewish Studies; Library of America; Literature; Literary Criticism; Modern Library; Mysteries; Mythology; Native American Studies; Penguin Classics; Science; Science Fiction; Fantasy; Vintage Paperbacks
Unfortunately, we cannot give estimates from a list over the phone. We have to physically see the item. And you may bring your items in at any time during normal business hours. No appointment necessary.
We Do Not Buy The Following:Please save yourself some effort and us some time by pre-sorting your books
- Any book for which we already have sufficient stock, (OK so you might not necessarily know this one necessarily)
- Most older or out of date used textbooks
- Series romances, except for certain authors. Enquire as to exceptions.
- Historical romances that are more than two years old
- Most computer how-to books
- Travel guides that are older than a few years old
- Most non-scholarly religious books
- Anything condensed or abridged, especially Reader’s Digest Condensed books
- Almanacs, unless published before 1880 or after 2007
- Test preparation guides more than a year old